You probably think you are a pretty good parent if your youngster can "play nice" without biting another child or poking him with a lead pencil. You're right! Instilling basic good values and behavior is a part of good parenting. Unfortunately, many parents stop at this point and don't take good parenting to the next level. Your child will not only benefit, but will thrive with the skills of emotional and social intelligence. Since most schools don't make the time for this type of education, it is up to you as a parent to teach these skills to your child. The benefits are far reaching in providing success and authentic happiness that can last your child's entire lifetime. Read more in the emotional and social intelligence section of this website.
A child relies on her parents' support but whom does a parent rely on for support? A certified parent coach is a powerful asset in helping parents to take care of kids as well as themselves. After all parents have needs too!
Here are just a few of the areas that parents find solutions from the power of coaching. It is important to note that there are no "one size fits all" approaches. Each solution is customized based on your needs and value system.
- Taking care of yourself so you can take better care of your family.
- Finding work / life balance.
- Evaluating how best to interact with your child's school.
- Deciding how to meet the massive demands to volunteer for everything at school, sports, etc...
- Managing the "everything has to be perfect bubble".
- Creating efficiency and harmony in the home.
- Effectively meeting the unique needs of each of your children.
- Keeping your marriage strong.
- Learning about the different parenting styles and choosing the one that best allows your family to flourish.
- Disciplining effectively by setting limits and consequences and enforcing them with consistency. (Here's a secret... This is hard for lots of parents but your kids actually want it!)
- Growing the parent-child bond.
- Bringing quality to life!
Don't forget that your child's brain is growing at a rapid rate. Every encounter at school and at home affects the thousands of new circuits that grow in his brain every day! This is called neuroplasticity and parents have lots of influence to monitor and sculpt this growth in a positive way.
If you would like to learn more about how coaching can help you, your family, and your child's developing brain, contact Keyuri for a complimentary consultation.